Fishing in mountain lakes
These are all lakes above 1800 meters. Up there, after a more or less long climb, we feel a sense of freedom and a change of scenery ! This year, the fishing season of altitude will be open from Saturday, June 20 to Sunday, October 11, 2015.
- Fishing license is obligatory (to fish without licence is an infringement being able to reach 450 euros).
- The size of capture of fishes is of 20 cm.
- The number of fish is limited to 6 fishes per day and fisherman. Are regarded as captured fishes all fishes, even alive preserved in a basket during the fishing party.
- The use of hooks with tongues is prohibited except for the fishing with dead or lively fish, the fishing with the spoon and artificial fly-fishing.
- Fishing boat or using any floating object is prohibited.
- Only authorized for fishing lively or dead fish, dead or alive minnow “phoxynus-phoxynus”.
- The other provisions of the regulation of the first category are not modified.
Some examples of lakes of altitude:
Black Lake :
– Altitude : 2440 m
– Surface (hectare) : 0,8
– Starting point for foot : Le Chazelet – La Grave
– Time (approximately) : 2h45
– Fishes present : Rainbow Trout
– Altitude : 2245m
– Surface (hectare) : 1,9
– Starting point for foot : Parking Bergerie – Saint Chaffrey
– Time (approximately) : 0h50
– Fishes present : Rainbow Trout, Fario Trout
Lake L’Oule :
– Altitude : 2425 m
– Surface (hectare) : 1,6
– Starting point for foot : Parking Col du Granon – Saint Chaffrey
– Time (approximately) : 0H50
– Fishes present : Fario Trout, Omble knight
These lakes of altitude are populated with a variety of fish like the Fario Trout, the Salmon of fountain, the Rainbow Trout or the Omble knight…