If you come to the Hautes Alpes from North…
Serre Chevalier Vallée Briançon is accessible via The Lautaret, The tunnel of Chambon is open !
Driving along these routes will give you the possibility to discover :
– La Meije Glaciers cable car
– Le Botanical Garden in the Lauratet Pass
– Les Grands Bains du Monetier, our thermal resort
- Traffic info live
- Lautaret pass : + 33 (0)4 65 03 00 05
Serre Chevalier, 250km…of runs and quite as much as long-distance footpathes. Imagine the distance without traffic !
Three Motorways take you to within 100 km of the resort :
– From Paris, Lyon, Turin or Nice, Motorway A43 (via Frejus Tunnel from north) or E70 from Turin : Exit Oulx, Montgenèvre, 35km from Serre Chevalier.
– From Marseille, Montpellier, Take A51 motorway via Aix en Provence, Sisteron. Exit “La Saulce” at 90 km from Serre Chevalier. Much of the road is 3 lanes.
– From Grenoble, Lyon or Paris : Motorway A51 exit Pont de Claix at 80 km from the resort via Lautaret Pass (Currently closed)
Info Line : + 33 (0)4 65 03 00 05
Traffic info online for the passes : Lautaret and Montgenèvre
Briançon railway station is in the heart of the resort
A direct night train links Paris to Briançon.
Other services connect with the major french towns and some european capitals : Lyon, Grenoble, Marseille, Brussels, Amsterdam. Information from French Railways SNCF.
TGV station of Oulx (Italy), Paris-Milan line, is only 30 km from the resort : only a 4h40 journey from Paris to Oulx.
Web site ferrovie dello stato
Nearest international airports :
– Lyon-St Exupéry (160 km)
– Turin-Caselle (110 km)
Many flights from several cities in Europe
– Grenoble-Isere airport
It serves Low cost flights from Scandinavia, England, Belgium
Bus Grenoble Airport – railway Grenoble
Every hour to Grenoble from 7.30am.
Every hour to Airport from 5am.
Bus airport to Lyon Part Dieu railway
Transferts Saint Exupéry / Part Dieu : every 20mn. Duration 30 mn.
Oulx railway to Briançon Railway and Serre Chevalier villages (s33 line)
Price : 12 € return
Autocars Resalp : +33 (0)4 92 20 47 50 – email
Grenoble railway station – Serre Chevalier (via Frejus tunnel)
LER35 – Daily coaches
Turin Briancon-Serre Chevalier
Bus on saturdays and sundays. Everyday from Clavières (Italy) and during Christmas holidays
Cabs and other transports
Ferrus Joëlle Taxi +33 (0)6 87 10 86 07 – email
Babut Jean-Claude +33(0)6 15 07 87 47 – email
Briançon – Suroundings village
A-C Mon taxi +33(0)6 16 23 40 56 – e-mail
Isa Taxi 05 +33(0)7 71 87 61 77 – +33(0)6 24 27 54 74 – email