During road works in the Chambon Tunnel, you can join The Romanche, The Briançonnais and The Clarée valley through the Modane highway via The Frejus Tunnel and Oulx in Italy.
Many Alternative routes offer wonderful sceneries such as the famous Galibier pass, or The Echelle pass, the natural border with Italy and, via Gap, the Bayard and La Croix Haute passes.
Driving along these routes will give you the possibility to discover :
– La Meije Glaciers cable car
– Le Botanical Garden in the Lauratet Pass
– Les Grands Bains du Monetier, our thermal resort
- Traffic info live
- Lautaret pass : + 33 (0)4 65 03 00 05
Serre Chevalier, 250km…of runs and quite as much as long-distance footpathes. Imagine the distance without traffic !
Three Motorways take you to within 100 km of the resort :
– From Paris, Lyon, Turin or Nice, Motorway A43 (via Frejus Tunnel from north) or E70 from Turin : Exit Oulx, Montgenèvre, 35km from Serre Chevalier.
– From Marseille, Montpellier, Take A51 motorway via Aix en Provence, Sisteron. Exit “La Saulce” at 90 km from Serre Chevalier. Much of the road is 3 lanes.
– From Grenoble, Lyon or Paris : Motorway A51 exit Pont de Claix at 80 km from the resort via Lautaret Pass (Currently closed)
Info Line : + 33 (0)4 65 03 00 05
Traffic info online for the passes : Lautaret and Montgenèvre
Briançon railway station is in the heart of the resort
A direct night train links Paris to Briançon.
Other services connect with the major french towns and some european capitals : Lyon, Grenoble, Marseille, Brussels, Amsterdam. Information from French Railways SNCF.
TGV station of Oulx (Italy), Paris-Milan line, is only 30 km from the resort : only a 4h40 journey from Paris to Oulx.
Web site ferrovie dello stato
Nearest international airports :
– Lyon-St Exupéry (160 km)
– Turin-Caselle (110 km)
Many flights from several cities in Europe
– Grenoble-Isere airport
It serves Low cost flights from Scandinavia, England, Belgium
Bus Grenoble Airport – railway Grenoble
Every hour to Grenoble from 7.30am.
Every hour to Airport from 5am.
Bus airport to Lyon Part Dieu railway
Transferts Saint Exupéry / Part Dieu : every 20mn. Duration 30 mn.
Oulx railway to Briançon Railway and Serre Chevalier villages (s33 line)
Price : 12 € return
Autocars Resalp : +33 (0)4 92 20 47 50 – email
Grenoble railway station – Serre Chevalier (via Frejus tunnel)
LER35 – Daily coaches
Turin Briancon-Serre Chevalier
Bus on saturdays and sundays. Everyday from Clavières (Italy) and during Christmas holidays
Cabs and other transport
Briançon – Villages alentours
A-C Mon taxi +33(0)06 16 23 40 56 – e-mail
Alpine Transfert Company +33(0)6 85 68 71 31 – email
Resalp +33(0)4 92 20 47 50 – email