Serre Chevalier ski area achieves “Green Globe” certification
SCV Domaine Skiable, the operating company of the Serre Chevalier Vallée ski area, is proud to be a member of Green Globe, the first certification in the world for companies and organisations who are committed to making positive contributions to sustainable tourism development!
The Serre Chevalier Vallée – Briançon ski area is now a member of GREEN GLOBE, in recognition of our respect of international requirements for sustainable tourism development: we are the first ski resort in the Southern Alps and the 4th in the Compagnie des Alpes group to achieve certification from this internationally recognised standard. All of our activities are included: ski lifts, slopes, grooming, snow making, marketing …. This certification is a recognition of our performance in terms of respect for the environment and also the level of attention we give to our socio-economic partners’ requirements. It is the continuation of policies already in place for many years, particularly with regard to the ISO 14001 (environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (safety) certifications:
- 2008 to 2017: implementation of environmental policies through ISO 14001 certification
- 2014: set up of an environmental observatory
- 2018: Achievement the Green Globe label by SCV Domaine Skiable
What is Green Globe?
- 1st certification in the world dedicated to sustainable tourism development
- 500 Green Globe certified members in 83 countries in 2017 with more than 25,000 involved in business and tourism
- TRANSPARENCY and CREDIBILITY: certification by a third party audit
- World-wide reputation: unique sustainable development management systems specifically designed for the travel and tourism industry
- Tools to help pilot our approach and certify our environmental and company performance and participating in an international network.
- Dedicated website: greenglobe.com
SCV Domaine Skiable is committed
SCV Domaine Skiable has undertaken to integrate the following criteria in its business operations:
>> Manage an environmental approach in the context of our structure, local legislation, our staff, our customers and their safety.
>> Participate in the development of our region, employment, fair business practice, company and local social relations.
>> Integrate culture, heritage, protected sites and history in our business model and share that with our customers.
>> Reduce our impact on water, energy, biodiversity, introduce better waste management and promote sustainable shopping.
Explore the Serre Chevalier Vallée ski area.