Here’s everything you need to know to confidently learn to ski on the slopes of Serre Chevalier.
So, you or the kids have decided to try your hand at skiing? Good move ;)
Don't worry, the Serre Chevalier ski area has you covered! Whether you’re at the foot of the slopes* or up the mountain (easy access), there are areas where you can gradually learn to ski in each of the ski areas: Briançon, Chantemerle, Villeneuve and Monêtier at a for only 17.30 € / day / person.
Is it your first time?
Briançon – An area is reserved for you up the mountain
- 1 return trip on the Prorel gondola to the mid station
- Unlimited access to the Pitchounet drag lift
Chantemerle - An area is reserved for you up the mountain
- 1 return trip on the Ratier gondola to the mid station
- Magic carpet accessible to everyone and 2 Pré Ratier drag lifts
Villeneuve - Two areas are specially reserved for you
- at the foot of the slopes*
- 4 lifts: Chazelet, Mickey, Aiche and Bez
- up the mountain
- 1 return trip on the Aravet gondola lift
- 2 magic carpets accessible to everyone
Monêtier - A special area is reserved for you at the foot of the slopes*
- 3 drag lifts: Ecole , Pré Chabert and Etoile
- Charmettes magic carpet
Each of these "beginner" areas allows you to safely practice on short green runs.
*At the bottom of the lifts
- If you are a first-time skier, i.e., you have never skied before, 2 rope lifts are available at the foot of the slopes* in Villeneuve (free access) and at the mid station in Briançon. This is a hand height moving rope that users can grab on to, pulling them up a gentle slope that they can then ski down.
- The Ski Bus provides easy travel from one sector to another. Find out more
Not quite a beginner?
You've already had skis on your feet so it's not quite the first time:? Don't worry, it's like riding a bike, you don't forget ;)
Or have you gained enough confidence in the "Beginner" areas and feel ready to move on to the green and blue runs?
The "Petits Domaines" are for you!
- Briançon : 3 hour or 1 day Skipass >> 2 green runs and 4 blue runs
- Chantemerle / Villeneuve : Day Skipass >> 7 green runs and 5 blue runs in Chantemerle & 4 green runs and 11 blue runs in Villeneuve
- Monêtier : 3 hour, 1 day or 6 day Skipass, >> 6 blue runs
- from 26,80 € / Children
- from 32,30 € / Adults
- from 29,10 € / Seniors
- Try and do some sport regularly before your ski trip, to get yourself physically fitter: check out some online tutorials.
- Make sure you have the right clothes: waterproof trousers and jacket, breathable under-garments and fleece(s), gloves, hat... All the shops in Serre Chevalier Valley can be found here.
- For advice and equipment hire, go and see a professional in the valley.
- Don't forget your crash helmet ;)
- Take ski lessons: don't hesitate to ask a ski instructor to teach you how to ski safely and confidently.
Enjoy your skiing ;)
Check out other activities up the mountain