What if this summer... you deserved a break... at the top?
Having lunch or a picnic in a magnificent mountain landscape, close to the summits, is a delight and a rare privilege!
Time has come to treat your taste buds and to please your eyes. For your comfort, the Altitude Area proposes picnic areas, with panoramic view
Briançon : Pra Long and Croix de la Nore*
Chantemerle : Ratier, Trois Croix, Bois des Coqs, Sentier du Lutin and Grand Alpes*
Monêtier : at the bottom and at the top of the Bachas chairlift and near the "Crête des Lauzières" trail.
* And, if this summer, you cooked at an altitude of more than 2,000 m?
Enjoy the plancha (Croix de la Nore and Grand Alpes) for your grilled lunch break from July 1st 2023 from 12 pm to 2:30 pm* and share a gourmet barbecue with your family and friends!
How to get to the Grand Alpes picnic area:
- Departure: Ratier gondola, Serre Chevalier cable car, Les Trois Croix pedestrian route (no. 25 on the map)
- Return: Grand Serre chairlift, Serre Chevalier cable car and Ratier gondola.
High altitude restaurants: your relaxing moment in altitude
The mountain restaurants are not only open during winter time. Some of them also welcome you during the summer season. They are the perfect place to have a drink, comfortably seated in a deckchair facing the mountains or to enjoy a nice meal on a sunny terrace.
On the Serre Chevalier area, the mountain restaurants are the haven for delicious moments in a grandiose alpine setting.
For the best experience and in order to avoid disappointment, we advise you to book your table in advance.
A few tips:
- In your backpack: sunglasses, water, sunscreen, warm and/or waterproof clothing, walking poles...
- Stroller access is only possible at the Prorel gondola in Briançon, the Ratier gondola and the Serre Chevalier cable car in Chantemerle. Bring a baby bottle, so that your baby can drink (swallowing relieves the pressure in the ears) and keep checking that everything is OK on the way up (if you have any questions, ask a doctor’s advice beforehand).
- Our four-legged friends are welcome on the Altitude Area: they must be kept on a leash. If you plan on using a chairlift, only small animals are allowed, provided they are carried in a suitable bag. Feel free to ask the lift company staff for more information.
For a pleasant day on the Serre Chevalier area, we invite you to note opening hours.