TAKE A HIGH-ALTITUDE BREAK
What if this summer you took a break at the summits?
Orientation tables and picnic areas
To help you get your bearings, there are orientation tables at the top of the lifts:
- in Briançon: Notre Dame des Neiges chapel,
- in Chantemerle: Serre Chevalier summit.
There are picnic areas for you to enjoy a break in the sunshine with some fabulous views:
Briançon: Pra Long and Croix de la Nore *
Chantemerle: Ratier, Trois Croix, Bois des Coqs and Sentier du Lutin
Monêtier: at the bottom and at the top of the Bachas chairlift and near the "Crête des Lauzières”
*The Croix de la Nore picnic area also has free Wi-Fi access and a solar charging station for smartphones and tablets.
Enjoy the plancha for your grilled lunch break !
12pm > 2.30pm
For a bite of lunch or a relaxing break on the terrace, try out some of the mountain restaurants that are open all summer.
- In your backpack: sunglasses, water, sunscreen, warm and/or waterproof clothing, walking poles, ...
- Stroller access is only possible at the Prorel gondola in Briançon, the Ratier gondola and the Serre Chevalier cable car in Chantemerle: bring a baby bottle so your baby can drink (swallowing relieves the pressure in their ears) and keep checking that everything is OK on the way up (if you have any questions, ask a doctor’s advice beforehand).
- Our four-legged friends are also welcome on the mountain: they must be kept on a leash.
Please note: if you plan on using a chairlift, only small animals that can be carried in a suitable bag are allowed.