Serre Chevalier Vallée Briançon, where is it ?
Serre Chevalier Valley Briançon - Under the sun exactly!
Just below the 45th parallel which crosses Monêtier-les-Bains and places the valley a little closer to the equator than to the North Pole and makes it enter the South of France, where the time hands always mark noon. Welcome to Serre Chevalier Valley Briançon in the South of France, the largest resort in the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur region, flooded with sunshine 300 days a year!
So in Serre Chevalier Vallée Briançon, the mountain has a singing accent flavored with thyme and lavender, the one that smells like summer vacations.
Are you looking for the great outdoors to breathe deeply away from the crowds? You love the heat when it doesn't overwhelm you? You want to move, walk, swim, climb, ride, jump, paddle, try new sports and play experiences? You are not against sprinkling your stay with culture,history, heritage and gastronomy? Do you dream of taking a few moments of silence, contemplation or even meditation to recharge your batteries?
Well done, by choosing the mountains in summer and more particularly Serre Chevalier Vallée Briançon, you have chosen the right destination, the one that meets all your expectations without restriction.
In an exceptional setting, the Domaine d'Altitude de Serre Chevalier offers a menu of activities:
- A bike park where beginners as well as experts discover 9 DH tracks, 9 Enduro itineraries and as many X-country circuits. But also some playful areas to gently learn mountain biking.
- Two itineraries to hurtle down the slope in a three-wheeled Mountain Kart or a downhill scooter and have a good laugh.
- A giant zip line for a suspended flight, solo or in duo, of 1,100 m offering an adrenaline rush and a grandiose panorama.
- Trails accessible from the ski lifts for marked out hikes for families and opening up exceptional viewpoints.
- Picnic areas equipped with planchas to treat your taste buds to grilled meats and local products while marveling at the majestic scenery.
- Two via-ferrata equipped with ladders and cables to learn mountaineering and to try out the rock face in complete safety, accompanied by a mountain professional.
In the valley, there is a long list of activities. As far as swimming is concerned, between the pools, the Grands Bains du Monêtier and the Chantemerle organic swimming pool, you don't know where to lay your towel!
The whirlwind of activities also makes your head spin: cycling, rafting, kayaking, archery, horseback riding, trampoline, accrobranche, paragliding, orienteering, trail games, miniature golf, etc. And to strengthen your brain, there is no shortage of activities offered by the Briançon Heritage Department.
At Serre Chevalier Vallée Briançon, the summer mountain is alive, colorful, joyful, active, greedy. It comes alive with music, shows, festivals, laughter and shared emotions. It sets up epicurean tables that honor local products. It is a unifying force, speaking to all, bringing generations together around a variety of pleasures. The only thing missing is you! We are waiting for you!