SERRE CHEVALIER SKI AREA
The resort has been welcoming you for more than 80 years, and always with the same enthusiasm! The whole team of the Serre Chevalier ski area is currently busy to make your season 2022-2023 unforgettable. Aren't your ski tips already ready to go ?
2022-2023 season opening dates*
- pre-opening weekend: 3 and 4 December 2022
- continuous from 10 December 2022 to 16 April 2023
You feel like immersing yourself in the magic of the winter in Serre Chevalier? Live or relive the highlights of the 2021-2022 ski season marked by the 80th anniversary of the resort:
FOUR REASONS TO DISCOVER THE SERRE CHEVALIER SKI AREA
1. Ski on an outstanding domain
Serre Chevalier is the biggest ski area in the Southern French Alps and one the biggest in Europe. It has a great range of slopes for all abilities. No matter if you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced skier, you will have fun!
A domain where you can both ski in the larch forest, typical of our region, and reach the summits for a high mountain atmosphere. Its connects 3 villages as well as Briançon, a town of more than 10,000 inhabitants. A town of that size with a direct access to the ski runs is simply unique in France!
There is a "Serre Che" for everyone! Do you know what stimulates the team of the Serre Chevalier ski area? Make sure you live a tailor-made experience. This is why you can choose between different zones designed for you:
> Fun zones for cheerful moments
> Protected areas to ski with your children
> "Discovery" areas to get used to skiing
> Nature zones for a journey that tickles your senses and sensations
The domain in a few figures
> 410 hectares of marked runs
> 59 lifts including the iconic "Serre Chevalier" cable car
> 82 runs (13 black, 30 red, 26 blue and 13 green)
> 80 % of the slopes located at more than 2,000 metres for an optimal snow cover
2. More than a ski area: a true playground for all
Get a wide range of emotions on the Serre Chevalier ski area !
- A XXL ski area, right at the gateway of the Ecrins national Park
- Many activities on the domain for happy moments in the fresh air: Giant Zipline, Mountain Kart, Deval'Bob...
- 3 picnic areas in altitude with BBQ (planchas), tables and deckchairs are an invitation to an immersive journey made of conviviality, relaxation and contemplation.
- You like going down the slopes using identified sliding objects like Snowscoot, Snooc, Yooner? The Serre Chevalier ski area has thought of you! Click on this link to check all the lifts that you can take.
3. Some snow... and so good snow, please!
In order to ensure the best snow conditions all winter long, the ski area has an extensive snowmaking network that covers one third of its surface.
The lift company is a forerunner regarding commitments for the future and aims at limiting its environmental impacts. Artificial snow belongs to the topics under consideration. The goal is to offer you the best compromise between snow quality and the preservation of resources.
4. Passionate men and women at your service
Out of season, not a single skier on the slopes, everything is quiet. But, when looking closer, there is hustle and bustle on the ski area and in the offices.
You have been planning and dreaming of your ski holidays for quite a while. Make an unforgettable experience out of them is your motivation, this is also ours. This is why we, the staff of the ski area, prepare the ski season all year round.
Once the season has started, we welcome you on site, in the Sales Information offices, on the slopes, at the bottom and top of the lifts, on the fun zones and the picnic areas.
Our "Cols'Porteurs" make you discover the backstage of the ski area and the mountain environment. Come and discover this unique concept developed by Serre Chevalier.
*subject to changes
Simple and convenient, buy your Serre Chevalier pass online at serrechevalier-pass.com!